COVID-19: Our Response
We believe that our industry is needed now more than ever. Families need us to provide a critical service and that is a responsibility we aren’t shying away from. Our nannies are providing an “extra set of hands” that helps parents juggle working from home while caring for (or even educating) their children. Many daycares and after school programs have also been canceled, leaving parents in a bind. Most importantly, our service makes it possible for many essential employees to get to work.
This contribution that our nannies are making is one that we are really proud of and will continue to support in a way that is as safe as possible for our nanny teams and the families we serve. The health and well-being of our families, our employees and our community is of the utmost importance to Trusting Connections. Therefore, we have implemented the following policies, as we navigate this pandemic together.
Keeping You Safe: Our Policies
- Our agency is unable to provide sick care if any adult or child in the household has received a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis within the last 14 days or if any child or adult in the household has been directly exposed to a confirmed COVID-19 case in the last 14 days.
- TC clients may request to take the TC Team Member’s temperature upon arrival. Client must provide thermometer.
- Trusting Connections caregivers will be required to wear a mask for all sick care shifts.
- While we typically maintain a 98% fulfillment rate on all care requests, clients need to be aware that we may not be able to ensure the same availability during this time of high demand and encourage families to book services by the Wednesday prior to the week that care is needed to help our scheduling team accommodate as many families as possible. We would much rather tell you that no one is available to care for your family than to send a nanny who is sick. We ask for your patience and understanding.
- Please note: Our agency does not require employees to be vaccinated for in-home care positions. Employees are also not obligated to disclose whether they have been or intend to become vaccinated. Those employees who voluntarily share their vaccination status may be paired with families who request a vaccinated caregiver. We are only able to accept requests for vaccinated caregivers from families using our services on a weekly, consistent schedule via Premier Membership. Clients hiring a full-time nanny through our Placement Services may also require vaccination as a condition of employment. Please anticipate significant delays in securing a nanny when requiring vaccination.
- Any TC employee who tests positive for COVID-19 must be medically cleared before returning to work.
- All employees MUST wash their hands immediately upon entering a home and before shaking hands with or hugging/holding/touching a child.
- All employees and should implement all recommended sanitization practices while in a clients’ home including frequent hand washing and limit the spread of germs as much as possible.
- All TC employees have been provided with a mask that may be worn upon the clients’ request.
- All TC employees are strongly encouraged to follow all precautions recommended by the CDC during non-work hours including frequent hand washing, social distancing, activities involving high exposure risk, etc. Employees are required to follow all local ordinances and laws on and off-the-job.
We have been so touched by the kind and encouraging calls and emails we have received from families and nannies during this challenging time. We SO appreciate your support and partnership. Thank you for being a valued member of our TC Family. We wish you and your family good health as we navigate through this together.
Trusting Connections Nanny Agency
Trusting Connections Nanny Agency