Did you know every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood? Whether it is for treatment, chronic illnesses, or emergency surgeries, blood transfusion is critical in saving someone’s life.
Facts About Blood Needs
** The following facts and statistics are from the American Red Cross **
- Every day, the U.S. needs approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells
- Nearly 21 million blood components are transfused each year in the U.S.
- The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 units.
- The blood type most often requested by hospitals is type O.
- A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood.
Blood Supply Statistics
- The Red Cross provides about 40% of America’s blood and blood components, all from generous volunteer donors.
- About 3% of age-eligible people donate blood yearly.
- Approximately 6.8 million people in the U.S. donate blood.
- Only 7% of people in the U.S. are type O negative, it’s always in great demand and often in short supply.
- Red blood cells must be used within 42 days (or less).
Who Can Donate Blood?
There are certain requirements to be eligible to donate blood. Check out the American Red Cross website to see if you can become a donor.
Donate Today – TC’s Blood Drive Event
Trusting Connections is proud to be family supporters and community servers. We have partnered up with the American Red Cross to host a blood drive event at our Tucson office.
Use sponsor code: NANNY
Give blood by August 29, 2019, and get a $5 Gift Card by email, donated by Amazon.*
*Restrictions apply, see amazon.com/gc-legal.
Our office will provide light snacks and drinks for everyone. There will also be a fun arts and craft activity to keep the little ones entertained. Share this event among your family, friends, and colleagues. The more donors we get, the more lives we can save. Let’s donate blood Tucson!